Prescott Playday – May 29, 2019
9:00am – 4:00pm
Heritage Park, Garden Ramada, on Willow Creek Lake, Prescott, Arizona
(same place as last year – directions below)
FREE to all AZGS members!
The Garden Ramada is a large covered ramada with lots of metal picnic tables and power at several points on the perimeter of the ramada. Right next door is a bathroom building (actual running water, not outhouses!) and a parking area. Temperatures should be pleasant, reaching low 80s in the afternoon. If you want a better seat you may bring a lawn chair or pad for the picnic tables. There are a lot more tables than we will need so space is not a problem.
We will have bottled ice water and lunch is provided.
Bring a project to work on and tools if you need them. Bring a power strip if you need one. Please do not bring carving tools. The dust is a problem to control and the noise of carving makes it tough to visit and meet others. This is a change from previous years.Burning tools are still OK on the perimeter near the power outlets.
- 9-4 work on your projects and visit with others!
- Around 9:30 am, we will take a head count for lunch.
- 11:30 lunch break followed by SHORT Arizona Gourd Society Business Meeting. If you have something to report from your patches, please let us know, we’d love to hear what you are doing.
- Raffle/door prize drawings during the day. One ticket for each participant and you need to be present to win.
- We have a demo planned on sculpting with clay added to a gourd by Deb Spirito of the Yavapai Patch. Deb is very talented with using clay and will do this demo with enough clay for anyone who wants to try her techniques. All materials will be provided by Deb and AZGS.
- We may have some other surprises as we are still brain storming!
Please RSVP as soon as possible but no later than Friday, May 24 so we can have enough materials and supplies for all attendees. Reply to Shelley Fletcher: firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-679-9700.
Looking forward to seeing you!
Location / Map
Click here to download the map of the Prescott area. The red lines on the map are the main roads either through town or around the north side using Fain Rd/Pioneer Parkway to bypass going through downtown. The black line added is Willow Creek Rd. with a dot at the Ramada site.
From the North side on the Pioneer Parkway, go south on Willow Creek Rd. 1 mile to the light which goes into Embry Riddle University going west or Heritage Park going east. Turn left (east) into the park and you will take an immediate right next to the Zoo. (if you don’t make this turn you end up at ball fields) The park road will curve to the left. Go to the 2nd stop sign and turn left to the Garden Ramada. Ignore the signs telling you to pay for parking. Parking is free on Wednesdays.
From the South side get to Willow Creek Road where it starts at the hospital and head north. You will stay on Willow Creek Road for about 4.8 miles and you will come to a stop light. Turn right (east) into Heritage Park and take an immediate right next to the Zoo. The park road will curve to the left. Go to the 2nd stop sign and turn left to the Garden Ramada (there are signs). Ignore the signs telling you to pay for parking, it’s free on Wednesday.